"Winning the World Championship would sign on the last corner"

« Older   Newer »

1. Laura…x

User deleted

Sorry I used google translate, so some parts might not have translated properly. x

Jorge Lorenzo is 34 points of Marc Marquez, master of this year's MotoGP. The Mallorcan rider republish does not waive his world title, while recognizing that it is very complicated. Anyway, the last victory at Misano, where he dominated from start to finish, is a boost to his aspirations. Only five races remaining to finish the course and put pressure on Marquez to Valencia. Turn fight for a season full of mishaps. It should start this weekend at Motorland Aragon.

Question. Misano felt good. Did he need a win like that?
    Answer. We are in a good time after two victories after a season full of injuries. We still have options to fight for the World Cup. Now is a little less impossible than before Silverstone.

Q. Dominated from start to finish. Incontestable. Will you try to repeat the strategy in Aragon and the rest?
    R. In Misano I found a lot of confidence. I tried to escape in the first round in other races, but I could not get it. We were not competitive enough or else was at our level or better. In addition, the seamless exchange [which allows modifying the fly so much faster] helped. But we have to be prepared for another strategy, such as the fight to the finish in each race.

Q. Imagine a chase until the last moment of the championship. Win the World Cup? Would sign on the last corner?
    R. If there is the possibility of signing a contract to win on the last corner of the last lap would (laughs). It is the best finish you can have and the most exciting for the fans. Anyway, the drivers always want to be quiet and if you can win the title three or four races before the end, so much the better.

Q. Augured a script? Well at this point of the season? Five races and the margin of error is minimal.
    R. We are in the situation we are. We are tied with Pedrosa second and are so far from Marquez for the mistakes we made Dani and me. I'm not a sole pilot dropped a lot and this year I crashed twice and I've been injured twice in the same area. Marquez, however, has fallen into 9 or 10 times and none have really hurt.

Q. How does what you are doing Marquez? He keeps breaking records.
    R. Leading a World as it is doing just what Kenny Roberts did decades ago. That's incredible. We have failed, but he has not been there for mistakes. Although also got a couple of wins when we were one hundred percent. It is a pilot who in principle can only get better and it makes sense that in its second year is even faster.

Q. Your experience can help to push Marc psychologically in the World Cup final stretch?
    R. The pressure is on the track. If we win in Aragon he will have more in the next race. The World Cup is very difficult because I do not say impossible. We have to win the remaining races. But if that happened, then it would also be difficult for Marc always be second. Pedrosa will not want to stay behind and continue to seek Rossi podiums. While before Silverstone took it for practically impossible, now not so much.

Q. Before I spoke of change 'seamless'. Any innovation for these five careers that can make a difference?
    R. On the other hand, all positive, I do not have anything negative. It will give us half a second, but hundredths. Apart from this, there will be little details to try to get the most out of the bike. In motorcycling anything that gives you a small advantage is welcome. And perhaps that edge many turns is not so small. But half a second there will be nothing.

Q. Besides rivalries, Spanish rule in MotoGP is a luxury.
    R. These are times we have to enjoy. It seems to be customary, daily bread, and it is not. It has taken many years at many levels. We dominated for 15 years MotoGP when a podium in 500 looked amazing. Now occurs almost every weekend. When we reach other countries that are already doing, we will miss him and say: 'What good were Pedrosa, Marquez, Lorenzo, Espargarò'. The others did not sleep and Spanish victories fall.

Q. What else will tell you in 10 or 20 years? Or better, how would you like to be remembered?
    R. I would be an example to the pilots that are coming. I mean in the sense of being a maverick myself, always wondering where I can improve and try to beat me for me, not to others. This mentality is what I would like to be remembered. I know that not everything in life are bikes and it's time to have other priorities. But I arise while active early to give everything.

Original Interview: www.marca.com/2013/09/26/motor/mund...1380197224.html

Edited by Laura…x - 5/10/2013, 17:17

0 replies since 5/10/2013, 15:02   97 views