Jorge Lorenzo: "Although it may seem, 10 minutes of crossfit are not few"

June 21st 2013

« Older   Newer »

1. Laura…x

User deleted

Jorge Lorenzo (Palma de Mallorca, 1987), four times world motorcycle champion appears in our well known bay of San Sebastian de los Reyes devoted to crossfit (C / Isla de Palma, 32, Nave 8) and all journalists invited by courtesy of Reebok to share session with him we squared up. At the end of the day, we come from the writing and he won his third race in Montmelo season riding his Yamaha. Respect.

jorge_lorenzo_4445_645x

A year ago we told you the benefits of training for their atrocious but palpable satisfactory results, but how were we to know we are neophytes. We put you in touch with the testimony of Jorge, who has been practicing since 2011.

GQ: Who recommended you and since when have you been practicing crossfit?
    Jorge Lorenzo: My former manager knew Carlos Pastrana, Reebok fitness manager in Spain. They were looking for a picture to promote your brand in the sport, closely linked to them, and thought of me. I never imagined that this field could contribute something to my physical condition to ride a motorcycle and the truth is that since I tried it, I noticed that I was once more and increased my physical condition in all areas. The crossfit not only gives you strength and endurance, agility and reflexes also. For the bike is perfect.

GQ: Before you trained in the gym conventional way?
    JL: My physical condition was quite good because I crushed many hours in the gym to stay strong (three hours or three hours, although in a much less intense). You made a machine, luggage weights, going quietly to another machine. Nothing to do with crossfit, you're always in tension to 170 beats per minute jockeying for better yourself.

GQ: And with an agenda is complicated as yours, will help you save time. Crossfit is impossible to practice for three hours, right?
    JL: It depends what you want, but it is so intense that it is very difficult to do more than an hour. Sessions of 10 minutes at 40 you seem as intense. In truth, though it may seem little 10 minutes, it is not.

GQ: Firefighters, police or hangar monitors who practice this get very square. That is not right to be fine on the bike ...
    JL: The range of exercises (in terms of difficulty and diversity), whichever suits you, is Super Wide. You can work with a lot of weight and is not to end up like a bodybuilder but you get stronger. There are also exercises for speed, agility or strength ...

GQ: What are you agree you.
    JL: Yes ...

GQ: Do you think you've improved since you practice reflexes?
    JL: Yes, reflections about your own body because you get to move your body very quickly. That works for example with box jump exercises. Great for when a pilot goes down before you, to dodge and avoid falling.

GQ: The crossfit usually develops in warehouses, which are accessible only to elites or very specific audience. How adecuas the need for these facilities to your routine traveling?
    JL: I do crossfit even in the hotel room. Contrary to what might be expected, most of the exercises you do with your own weight. For example, squats can be made in one square meter.

GQ: What are your favorite exercises?
    JL: The deflections and jumps in the drawer does not make me wrong. I also like pushups.

GQ: How would you convince those unfamiliar with the discipline to which phonecalls?
    JL: The main reason is that you see the results very soon, in less than a week. And if you aim the results of the first session and compare, for example, with the fifth, progress is often amazing. Yes, you have to have good rest and good nutrition. If not, you do not recover and advance. Another advantage is that you can train with timer, allowing you to compare your marks.

GQ: That you like it ...
    JL: Yes (laughs) ... I'm obsessed with it. And then, if you have friends, you can also compare yourself with them and sting, but quietly.

GQ: There will be people who feel intimidated by what you tell me of the intensity.
    JL: I would say that if you do crossfit and scares the challenge because you think your condition is not good, not to be discouraged. You should know that, even if you do 10 minutes, you better be on the couch. That is the motivation that should be taken.

GQ: The "bad language" (center coach) say that if you practice regularly crossfit to have shoelaces every day of the year. Is it true?
    JL: If your body does not adapt to the exercises, it is possible. As they are always doing different routines, it is possible. Anyway, in this case the development is faster.

0 replies since 22/6/2013, 15:05   369 views