Jorge Lorenzo: "I've achieved everything I wanted"

« Older   Newer »

1. Laura…x

User deleted

Before the age of 26, Jorge Lorenzo has earned a special place in the history of our motorcycle. This lets face of pressures and downloaded 2013 emergency. Will we see it more dangerous to Lorenzo or end up being a double-edged sword for the Spaniard?

Lorenzo takes a few years with a double work. The first, the racing driver, an environment that moves like a fish in water and in expressing their talents without fuss. Spanish is the first to win two titles in the premier class, and-potentially-many years of motorcycling in his body has already etched his name in the top ten historic winningest drivers and more podium finishes in the World Cup triumphs -44 that puts it at the tenth position of this classification within one win of their peers and rivals Dani Pedrosa and Casey Stoner, and 98 podiums with tying ninth position in this ranking with Jim Redman. The second job is to develop Jorge Lorenzo and show the person. before this interview, which took place in Barcelona, ​​the 2012 MotoGP champion came to spend a few days working in South Korea. After travel was already scheduled for the coming weeks, with the first IRTA Sepang just around the corner. And is that Lorenzo takes a while cultivating his image, complying without question the many commitments that accepts, in a period of his life when he has completely taken control of his life after the cycle in which he was supported by his father first Dani and finally Amatriain after Mark Hirsch. Near, thoughtful and relaxed. This is the Lorenzo we find in this talk with which inaugurated a new sports course.

0010_94d6784_web

Solo Moto: How have these winter months passed since the end of the World?
    Jorge Lorenzo: I was half-holiday in Thailand, only four days. I had to go there for the Race of Champions, it was the first time that I was invited, and took the opportunity to get some rest. And a little more, also celebrated the New Year in Mallorca with my family, with my mother and my sister.

SM: Were you able to get away from all the throngs of the year?
    JL: Well, less than what I would like, because I had many commitments. Whenever you have many champions, I would have had more days off to relax more, because I have had almost two days to be home, I always had to go somewhere.

SM: Was like the winter 2010/2011 has assumed the title or otherwise?
    JL: I've had more commitments this time in 2010: more interviews, more events, much more.

SM: Have you had more impact this title or plus 2010 for being the first in MotoGP you got?
    JL: Similar. Perhaps now more popular or more loved by people, they ask me to do more interviews than in 2010.

SM: That kind of work out of the bike gladly accept it or you try to limit?
    JL: Well, certainly we live events, sponsors, stay in touch with fans. Luckily, the motorcycle is a popular sport, is popular, obviously not as much as football, but it has always been very popular, especially in Spain. And we need to thank all the drivers that may be so, because if not, we would not have the life we ​​have. Now is a little more complicated with the crisis for most riders, but we are very, very on top of fighting for MotoGP title are privileged. I'm very aware of it and every day I thank ... (doubt), say that God, although I am not a believer too. I am grateful for the life I have.

SM: And you've given this title historical value? Have 25 years, are four times world champion, two of the premier class, the only Spanish to get it, and when you start to look at the statistics, the top ten in wins, podiums, pole positions, precocity, you're always there. Are you aware of this?
    JL: Well, I think that is something that is good. These are statistics that is better to have them than not have them. But it goes so fast, that we pilots do not think we stopped at what you've done, but you always have the tendency to look to the future and see what's next. The next event, the next race ... and do not stop long to see what you've got, the past. Always view the future and imagine what you can get in that future.

SM: You can say that you've got one of the fundamental achievements of a pilot career, be MotoGP champion. And you've done it twice. I do not know how you put it now, enjoy it, stick with the ambition of more, more, more ...
    JL: When I get over a motorcycle, or when I do any activity that requires compete, I get the chip and squeeze me wanting to win best to make the most of my chances. In anything, when the PlayStation game, with football friends always want to win, if I do physical with Ricky running down the mountain, I want to always be ahead of him ... I'm very competitive, since I was little. Being a world champion and not of MotoGP, but because of 250, which to me was already achieved something special and I wanted a goal, let alone MotoGP, and repeat ... I've got everything I wanted. Anything coming from now will be a bonus. And the fact that he was four times world champion takes a lot of pressure that I had when I started in the World Cup at 15. Right now I have virtually no pressure.

SM: Do you provide this life?
    JL: Yes I always use a trick to take off the pressure, and is always thinking of the worst that can happen. Not physically, as to a disease or something, but in sports. If from now on I, and obviously I would not and hopefully will not happen, did not get any podium or no victory, and would be equally happy, no regrets would I could withdraw quiet. Obviously, I want to continue and I will try, I will fight with all my strength and will train a lot to stay on top. But from now did not reach an around, be quiet and I could retire very quiet. And that frees me to run without much pressure and enjoy every moment and every workout with the M1.

Rivals

0016_condani2_web

SM: If you see the picture of this year in MotoGP, and with that argument, you could say that you have the least pressure. Of the four bikes that are supposed to have to be in front, both Honda and Yamaha both officers, in the end one was never MotoGP champion, another has just arrived and it's showing everything that is said about him, and your teammate is a fiasco and not worth nothing but vindication ...
    JL: Yeah, regarding over Dani and Marc, surely I have the advantage that they have not yet achieved the title of the maximum displacement. And when they get near-Pedrosa and Marc has been what will surely notice that pressure, I noticed in 2010. Valentino ... I do not know what your thinking and what is the kind of pressure he feels every year. If I thought as I do now, I would not have gotten so much pressure, even less that I would have to have been many more titles ... Maybe the more pressure you have at the moment is Dani, because it takes seven years in MotoGP and it is the eighth on a computer as the official Honda, always very close, but not getting it. It has the most pressure. Marc, reaching the end, does not have to win the first year, did not require that. But Dani, yes. So I say that perhaps has the most pressure. Valentino also, because two years ago that does not win. And I'm probably the least because I just won.

"Stoner was the most naturally gifted pilot I've seen in the World Cup and in my life "

SM: With Rossi we have more reporters and fans from outside to you from within? If I get on your skin, I think I would set more in your case Pedrosa and his on you ... I do not know how you value right now in his career.
    JL: I think that a driver who has won over a hundred runs and nine World, which has won in MotoGP with different bikes, he has done races where fifteen out clinched the victory, can never be ruled out for the title. Still has thirty-three years, which is not an age that can be considered old, because even forty, as demonstrated Biaggi, Checa or a MotoGP rider, you can get to go fast, and get gain. And, as I said, with Valentino. Over a hundred runs, nine titles ... a pilot with that talent, with the ability to improvise in the race, you can not rule out ever. It will be there fighting for the title.

SM: How did you get him as a partner, in what spirit? Until proven otherwise your box, and some weigh. We talked about if you impondrías the wall now, people wondered if he vetarías in Yamaha, and none of it has been ...
    JL: I always wall I found it silly, and something that I have not lost a minute to think. Neither feel bad about it. I think it's something that was appealing to the press, was given much importance, but it is actually a plastic that is four or five feet, and taking three or four steps ahead or behind you can pass across the box. He was given much importance. Maybe it was a decision by the tires, because I went with Michelin and Bridgestone him, do not know if it was Yamaha, if it was Valentino ... I never gave much importance, was happy to enter MotoGP with Yamaha factory team as of have the same weapons as Valentino, who practically had but a small part of the engine, until mid-2009 when I had the same bike completely. For me it has always been foolish, and if any now, would be the same.

SM: And now, with the passage of time, do you get the feeling that I was good debut there and get into this mess? The difficulties you faced, the media focus ...
    JL: I would not call hindrance to what happened to me in MotoGP debut. From the beginning I had a great bike and a great team. But the more difficult will things get, the faster your team mate, you'd have to scramble. And in the end the road is better for you because you achieve a higher level and be better. Then around Valentino I took very positive, as a good thing, because I will not have to bring relax, trying to continue to improve my driving, trying to polish the flaws that I have to keep fighting for the championship with a rival . Because of Spies expected much. I think it is a talent pilotazo a very, very big, but in the last year have pushed me as a teammate, I pushed the others, Pedrosa, Stoner ... No teammate had that was close to my times and with my same bike pushing me to go even faster. And I had to look that pressure to go faster on other drivers. And now with Valentino, perhaps, if he is comfortable with the Yamaha from the start, quickly find.

SM: I do not know if you read what he wrote about his departure Ben Spies of Yamaha and Ducati choosing.
    JL: Yes, I read a few days ago. I think it's a shame not keep trying Spies at Yamaha. There were many races he was faster than me, and many like me. In Assen 2011 was faster than me, and some training this year that has been so bad, with everyone apart from painting his season with very disastrous misfortune, I was faster. But instead, at times I was faster, he drew much difference there I think Ben came down ... When you come down, you feel less than your teammate, you get into a kind of whiting biting its tail, and you're getting worse, and everything goes wrong. You try and do not succeed, you think it's a matter of risk more, you risk more, and you fall. And it gets worse. Maybe Ben did not have the patience and self-confidence to keep trying and finally find the good result to give him that push I needed. Yamaha also has continued to rely on it, so you never know ...

SM: Is it strange box with a partner to share the many misfortunes that happen?
    JL: Yes, sometimes you do not know what's going on, whether it is pure bad luck, if it's something more, if what is happening to him can happen to you at any time. Because what happened in Qatar was mechanical, the engine broke in Indianapolis, in Laguna Seca he gave a part of the shock and got a good milk ... (half smile remembering the bad luck). You say: "Any time I can spend the same, took exactly the same bike and I'm playing the title, and any failure of these three could happen to me at any time and kill my chances in the championship ...". But luckily it happened to me, but certainly those failures, perhaps unlucky to have happened to Ben, had a negative impact on performance, and confidence, of course.

Changes

0013_constoner_web_1

SM: Can you miss a rival Stoner? You can see how to win with him on the track has more value or is not removed to a tough opponent in the fight.
    JL: Yes, but we rotate pilots, some retire or leave and new ones arrive. I have not are nor Kevin Schwantz, Wayne Rainey and or Spencer, or Roberts, or Agostini. But new people appears like this season Marquez or Iannone. MotoGP is the pinnacle of world and where in theory are the best drivers.

SM: After removing Stoner has been praised everywhere as a pilot. Do not get the feeling that the more you recognize it when you leave?
    JL: Yes, it happens, when you retire or when a music star or cinema dies mythologizes always more than when you are. It is unfortunate, but true. For me Stoner, has undoubtedly been the most naturally gifted pilot I've seen in the World Cup and in my life.

SM: Speaking of recognition: do you think in general has given the value of what you have accomplished this year? You are the first to win two Spanish titles in the premier class.
    JL: Well, everything has a reason ... (ponders). No normal. Maybe some drivers in their day have had the help of a strong Spanish sponsor mediatically maybe pushing a little more than a driver who does not have it, as I do, that I have a Spanish sponsor giving much hype, for example television. But I'm not complaining. Alongside the pilot Valentino consider myself more of the category media internationally and I do not complain how things are going in this field and the sponsors.

SM: In this regard you with changes premieres: Rockstar Monster raisins, and you estrenarás with HJC Koreans. Are the first fruits of your labor exchange system? When you announced that you work with Albert Valera, a former manager Mark Hirsch said you already had age to work on your own.
    JL: Yes I can not speak ill of anyone who has worked with me, or people or sponsors who have supported me, because without their help it would have thrown to front. Without the economic effort of those sponsors would not have the life I have and had continued to work that hard. And without the help of Amatriaín, I got the best equipment, the best sponsors, who gave me good advice, or without Marcos, who helped me to move out when the situation was not good, it also gave me advice and I helped a lot physically and as an athlete, but they had not gotten the titles I have now. But there are moments in life when you need a change, you need to change, you will not see either stay the same. And unfortunately you have to say stop and change for your convenience, professionally speaking.

SM: Do you agree with this too at a time of change in your life? It seems like you're more relaxed, you're less visceral, you measure more things ...
    JL: Yes, more aware of everything and wanting to take more responsibility, to choose what you want to do in life in all areas, be you who makes the decisions, not having to rely on someone who has more experience, or advise you practically choose for you. I think at 25, with all that has happened in my life and with the experience I have, you may not be prepared for everything, because you never know everything in life, but to know what's good for you, but you're wrong, or at least choose you, I think I am.

SM: Is there a plan Lorenzo? Want to promote something, you are thinking what you want to do in the future when you retire for the bikes? Because once you've signed up you will not be very old, such as making Biaggi made.
    JL: Well, I think it would be easy, or comfortable, have more time off and settle Yamaha tab and do any events, or work my picture or anything. That would be comfortable with this perfectly and would live a very good life. But I always wanted to evolve as a person as a pilot and get more of what I have achieved. I think it's good to have a good press officer to look after your image and attitudes advise you that sometimes you have hot and they are not the best. Social networks in these moments we are very important to have a manager who has desire to work and you are every day trying to get more sponsors. I think we've been a good road and people are seeing increasingly more to Jorge real, just as I am, and true, the heart that I have. Not only it looks Jorge when fully concentrate when things will go wrong and puts a bad face or when many years ago threw the helmet or some gesture that was too much. Slowly. It is not easy to change the first impression people take of you the first few years. But little by little it has been doing and I'm very happy with the developments.

"It is not easy to change the firstimpression that people take the early years of you "

SM: Have you gone that the eye of the tiger, who loves my friend Mela celebrations-this past year, we have not seen the designs and stuff you spoke of both a few years ago?
    JL: I've been shelved because I've been busy with other things, but not because I do not like. I like the design, I have always been a creative person, but I found my number, X logo outside, and do not want many more changes. The celebrations, if you really do not I have a different idea or too bright, I prefer not to. I've been very focused on trying to get this title and I've forgotten much of what the conclusion that I can do. It was fun, I had a good time.

SM: You were talking before that you thought were a lucky in this profession. A sport is affecting much the crisis. For example, my best friend in the paddock, Ricky Cardus, lives opposite situation, that every year there comes a time when you have to start looking for next chestnuts, with the amounts of money that are required to run. How do you see that? Someone even raise the possibility that the top drivers had pudieseis push for minimum wage ...
    JL: Well, it is a very difficult situation for the 80 percent or 90 percent of the three categories, because in MotoGP if you're among the first seven or eight, no charge for running. I do not know how long. I think Carmelo is thinking of possibilities as the minimum wage, I think it might be interesting to force teams to offer a minimum wage for each pilot. And also that you can not do without the pilot as well. Maybe it would be nice to do in the future a pilot association. But, of course, until you feel the problems at home, it is difficult to move your ass. And if the top MotoGP riders have no problems, it is difficult to have one day suddenly the need to fight for others ... It would be nice to have the detail of fight for others. But it must be done: it is very easy and very nice to talk and speak, but we have to do it one day if we want to help others.

Original Article: http://solomoto.es/1/1361182755/motogp/jor...o-lo-que-queria

0 replies since 18/2/2013, 16:08   152 views