Exclusive. Jorge Lorenzo: “The Italian medias changed opinion about me”

Translated from Vavel Italia

« Older   Newer »

1. Lolle.JL99

User deleted

Exclusive. Jorge Lorenzo: “The Italian medias changed opinion about me”

moto_560392297

Vavel met the World Champion Jorge Lorenzo in Barcelona, for the dinner with his Official Fan Club. He talked about the relationship with his fans, especially with the Italian ones, about next year and new horizons in MotoGP.

On Saturday 1st of December Barcelona dressed up. Jorge Lorenzo Official Fan Club organized, like every year, an exclusive dinner for the members where attended the World Champion too. In the restaurant of the family Cardús, almost 300 Spartans (that’s the name of the members of the fan club) met to celebrate the title of their idol and to pass a funny night next to Lorenzo.

During the dinner the video tributes and the surprises for Jorge were many, he was moved and he left apart the perfect machine he is on the track, showing his most human part. Special initiatives and gifts couldn’t miss for the fans flocked from every part of the world to participate to this event. Jorge Lorenzo takes care of his fans, he always demonstrated that, and this time wasn’t different. The enthusiasm of the Spartans, that every year increase more and more, made the night one of the most exclusive among the dinners of the various fan clubs of other riders. The organizers of the event, moreover, were unexceptionable, cured every single detail and making the event an attraction so fantastic that attracted fans from Japan and New Zeland.

The love demonstrated was much and mutual. Jorge expressed his gratitude to everyone and he underlined how this big family increased in four years of this dinner: “In 2009, at the first dinner, there weren’t not even 100 people. Little by little, they increased, until the 2012, where the number tripled, reaching the 300 people”. Vavel was here and interviewed Jorge.

In 2010 you won the title and in 2011 you wore the number 1. In 2013 will you keep the 99?
    “The other day I saw on twitter that in the entry list of 2013 the team put the number 99, but they didn’t say it to me. Maybe they thought I wanted that number, but I haven’t decided yet. I could change and put the number 1 or keep the 99.”

Many fans prefer the 99, they say the number 1 wasn’t lucky. You listen to them, what do you think about that?
    “Well, I don’t believe in luck, I’m not superstitious. I think you can win with the number 1 too. It doesn’t depend on the sticker you have on the bike, but on what happens during the season, on the circumstances, on your competitiveness and on the on the one of the others. The 99 is my number, it’s representative, but I’m proud of having the number 1 too. Let’s see…”

So, you are the man to beat in 2013. Even so, what do you have to improve on the M1?
    “Maybe more acceleration, power of the engine and a little bit more traction in some corners. They are the main things we need.”

Recently, Yamaha is becoming more important in the market of Thailand and Indonesia. Do you think that the South-East of Asia will be a mass-media and economic and source in the future?
    “I think that the South East of Asia is a great power now too. For Yamaha and the other Japanese teams would be difficult to survive without the Asiatic market. In these Countries, especially in Indonesia, they sell many motorbikes, for this reason Yamaha and other teams can invest much in MotoGP. Maybe having a GP in Indonesia or in Thailandia would help more at the economic level.”

Moreover, you have many fans in Indonesia. You’re almost an idol.
    “I have many fans, I don’t say more than in Spain, but more or less the same. That’s incredible! I’m Spanish, but I have many many fans in Indonesia!”

In Italy too, now you’re popular and admired. How the relationship with Italian fans changed so far?
    “I think that in general in Italy people is changing opinion about me. Above all, I became mature, I’ve changed as a person. Then, making interviews in Italy, attending to some events like EICMA, the Rally of Monza, I’m making me more popular for who I am. The mass-medias changed opinion about me too: now they treat me better. Before they considered me only as the enemy of Valentino Rossi, now they present me as a great rider and a funny person.”

You said more than once that you understood where are your limits. So, what’s the difference between Jorge Lorenzo World Champion in 2010 and the one of 2012? In the meantime you made a mental process to understand that and improve your weak points?
    “In 2010 I was a logic rider and I was conscious of my limits. But, after 2011, when I had to risk a lot to be with Honda’s because my bike wasn’t so competitive, I improved. I understood something more after the accident in Phillip Island too. Obviously, there was a mental and physic process. With some crash, I learned more to see where was my limit. Now I’m more prudent and I crash less.”

You can find my interview here: http://www.vavel.com/it/motori/moto-gp/200...e-su-di-me.html

If you want, you can "Like" and tweet the interview. Thank you so much, I hope you like it! :)

2. Laura…x

User deleted

Thanks for translating your interview with Jorge, Lorenza :D It was great to read, hope you had fun doing it :) x

1 replies since 27/12/2012, 18:16   138 views