Vanity Fair interview with Jorge Lorenzo

20th November 2012

« Older   Newer »

1. Laura…x

User deleted

From the pilot's room, whose walls are huge glass surfaces, referred the Mediterranean and the mountains of Montserrat. We surprise Jorge Lorenzo having breakfast. Their chef has prepared a toast with sliced ​​tomato and a light turkey. Energy without an ounce of fat. The champion is fed as a Carthusian from years ago. "I love to eat and eat everything, even the fattening food. But if you want to be fit you need to follow a discipline and sacrifice. In life you cannot have it all, you have to choose what is good for you".

1353343462_0

The mansion is a wonderful three-story white building, one in the basement. No longer a bachelor pad equipped with the latest in home automation. Solar panels on the roof and an iPod in each of the rooms from which controls lighting, curtains and music. In the basement there is a gym with all the appliances you need for fitness, indoor swimming pool and even a boxing ring, usually practiced sport that usually practice "with care", should not be "risking careers".

Lorenzo shares his home with two of his best friends, Ricky Cardus and Rubén Vinagre. The first is the nephew of Carles Cardús 250cc runner and competes in Moto2. Vinagre is a student of Law and Administration and Management and Jorge known since they were children in Palma de Mallorca.

We sat down to chat. Deal to seek, without finding, that Jorge Lorenzo impetuous, petulant and even sometimes big mouth by many people even know it. Or you think you know. This Jorge no longer exists.

"I always had a lot of concentration and I am very competitive. I hate to lose. Neither as a kid I liked. However, when you mature differently you take the losses," he argues.

Can it be said then that he has learned to lose?
    Course. One understands that you can not always win and thinking that will accept a new victory. I've also learned patience.

In the mid-eighties, his mother worked as a messenger and Jorge traveled in a Vespa even before birth. His father was a mechanic in Motos Salom. At three years old, had his own moped, which his father built for him adapting the motor of a 50cc Puch Condor and on which he then began racing in go-kart. Left school to ride minimoto and then to compete. His father trained as a pilot and all the money that came in was intended to house the bikes, travel to competitions. Perhaps it was too much.

The marriage ended when Jorge Lorenzo was ten and his sister, Laura, five. A year later the young won his first Cup. At 14 he went to live with her ​​father in Barcelona. On his fifteenth birthday became a Grand Prix driver, the youngest in history. It was 2002. José Manuel Lorenzo was always at his side guiding, advising. He did not mind sleeping in the car when there was no money for a hotel. Father and son were inseparable. Until 2006, when it was split. In the struggle to guide the career of the young prodigy, who that year would win his first World Championship in the 250cc class, his manager at the time, Dani Amatriain, pushed out Jose Manuel Lorenzo. Jorge and he stopped talking.

How is the relationship with your father now?
    Almost all teenagers have problems with their parents. We've been critical moments, especially when I had to remove it to follow my agent, but I know that a parent always want the best for their child, but sometimes wrong. That's why I always come back to him.

He himself went on to say: "I'm more cool than eight" or “If I was another person, I would not like Jorge Lorenzo”. Lorenzo was one pilot who held one of his victories dress rock star, astronaut or fighter. Today brazenly confesses that he was merely youthful posture. "I never thought no better or more important than anyone else. But when I was young I was shy and wanted to show my strength talking too. And above all, speak much more off the track than on. Now I prefer to do it in reverse. "

Do you think the outbursts were a mistake?
    I do not regret what I did, but I try to learn from my mistakes. I realized that there is no need to prove anything to anyone and you have to act like you really are. There has been much progress over the years. I am comfortable and at peace with myself.

Part of the credit for this evolution is his current team, which helps him to be thoughtful, cautious and patient. Or so he says. Jorge Lorenzo today still admires Muhammad Ali ("I really liked his personality, he was a guy who always said what I thought and had a very strong character"), but he was persuaded to wear a striking Burberry Prorsum jacket. Even after seeing him, his friend Ricky Cardus shouting and laughing: "You look like Michael Jackson".

And of course, the change has to do with the tragic breakup who starred in 2008 with his former manager, Dani Amatriain. The representative was arrested in 2009 and charged with threatening to kill Jorge when he decided to dispense with his services. "Where there is money, there are scoundrels, people who want maximum control - I will explain later, his father said. There was a time that I wanted to take Giorgio to a sports psychologist, Joaquin Dosil because he had many falls and suffered from them.

It seems that the double world champion MotoGP was already beginning to understand. ""It is a stage that i closed and in which i struggled. Indeed, there were people who wanted to take advantage. Fortunately, these things make you learn and I think now I have learned to surround myself with a good team," he acknowledges. The same has been done with his personal life. "Yes, I have also had bad experiences in this regard. Nothing serious, but it has made me more cautious," he admits.

Lorenzo referred to his last two fake relationships: the Catalan model Noemi Perea and Czech presenter Francesca Lukasik. Both took very little to appear half-naked in the same magazine speaking about Jorge.

The only girl he considered his girlfriend Lorenzo is Eva Perello, Majorcan like him and to whom he was dating a year and a half in Barcelona. Jorge fell in love the moment he saw her picture. Although it took two years to win her calls, messages and Messenger chats. She explains: "Today we are very good friends. I follow him, I see him and support him. It ended because each went their separate ways. He is a pilot and I cook. But we wanted to continue forever. "

No partner and family so many miles away, are you lonely up there at the top?
    I can not complain for the life I have. The 90 percent of it is fantastic. No life is perfect, but you can not have everything. I'm lucky. If you compare yourself with others and looking for what you lack, you will always feel unhappy. Just to compare yourself to those who do not have what you have, you understand what you should be grateful.

"If I'd been by me, he would not have become pilot. I never agreed" his mother tells me, with a curious tone of proud resignation. His father says: "My son flies in a private jet, but does not forget, also has an impressive collection of x-rays, operations throughout the body and many hours of hospital. Being in the elite not to only rub shoulders with great characters, there is a flip side very hard and very complicated. "

Jorge Lorenzo thinks no concern on the horizon as a professional rider. However, he knows that one day it will be too old to climb on a motorbike" I love teaching children to ride. Helping people to be aware of the risk involved driving; understand that the road is not to race but a space to move. Despite this, the bike is one of the best pleasures of life. What I feel it I can not feel any other way."

Original: www.tiramillas.net/2012/11/19/deporte/1353343462.html

Edited by Laura…x - 20/11/2012, 13:19

2. danziealex

User deleted

Laura, i was reading any other article before.. And there stated that jorge already move out somewhere new, and didnt live in one house with ruben and ricky anymore.. Which one is right? Still on the same house or not?

3. Laura…x

User deleted

I know he moved house, I think he does still live with Ricky and Ruben. x

4. Crocus99

User deleted

he has a house in anywhere outside of barcelona. i forget the place hmm anything with la or los ... lol

5. danziealex

User deleted

Oooookay i see, thx girls.. Sometimes i wish i could join them hahahaha.. I think if one of them in trouble Ruben would love to be their lawyer.. (if he is already become one :) )

6. Crocus99

User deleted

but how cute, what eva said

7. Laura…x

User deleted

I know, it was so cute what she said about the both of them cheerful_h4h You never know they could find each other again in a couple of years. x

8. 9erika9

User deleted

beautiful house :)

7 replies since 20/11/2012, 14:03   3816 views