XL Semanal - Jorge Lorenzo: 'my dream now is finding the right girl and have children'

18th November 2012

« Older   Newer »

1. Laura…x

User deleted

Sorry if some bits dont make sense, I used different translators to get the best translation for this interview

Original: www.finanzas.com/xl-semanal/magazin...ahora-4087.html

Jorge Lorenzo threatened a few years ago to become the pilot more 'battles' on track, however, has been transformed into one of the most centered and most moderate. We talked to the pilot who looks for new challenges ... outside of the track.

lorenzo

"Just getting my motorcycle license." Its taken three years and has won two World Championships, which has not been achieved by any other Spanish rider in history, but until a few months ago Jorge Lorenzo was not allowed to travel with a bike. "To compete you have to have license, but no card. In the circuit there are no signs or traffic regulations, has the ability, not prudence. Now I have a card, but I barely ride. I have much respect on the bike in the city. I don't feel safe. "

Hear Lorenzo with as much caution is shocking because in the popular imagination has been that teenager who burst into circuits with thuggish air and staring defiantly, and that was almost more reckless in the wheels of the press than on the slopes. But the boy has changed. He has matured, he said. He is only 25 years old, but it takes life from professional, leading teams and budgets millionaires, from 15. After winning his first World Championship in 2010 decided to lower some revolutions; not on his motorbike, obviously, but with his life. Whether by personal choice, for marketing (this year has changed of representative and responsible for communication) or because that is life - 'one is more mature with 25 to 20 and less, if God wants, which with 30', he says with some sarcasm, it is certain that Lorenzo is another. So much so that this year has even left celebrations out after victories, even the win of the world championship.

Jorge Lorenzo. I've Been busy thinking about winning the World Championship and I have forgotten about the celebrations. Sometimes, you let yourself be guided by what you feel and this year I felt that I did not need to hold as much or spend much time thinking about how. I've changed a lot. It has changed my way of thinking, acting and feeling.

XLSemanal. What has influenced this 'maturity', the shocking incidents like the death of Marco Simoncelli last year?

JL: No, not really. Or Tomizawa's death the previous year have been very hard blows to all pilots. When these misfortunes happen, you're more aware of the risk you run, but my evolution as a person has not been influenced by those negative events. It has been a natural change... when I realized that he did things that were not good for me and think that, if it acted otherwise, it would be better for everyone.

XL. A clear indicator of this change is your current relationship with Dani Pedrosa, who has gone from a clear blood feud to a good relationship ...

JL: Let's see, the reality is that we are not out of the circuits. We are not friends. We were not. But our relationship at the circuit is very friendly and when we meet, we greet each other and talk about issues that do not necessarily have to do with racing. When compared to the relationship we had a few years ago, there are now a lot more respect. And it's better that way, but there is no friendship.

XL. Do You Have a friend at the circuit?

JL: Yes, my best friend is a pilot that runs in Moto 2: Ricky Cardus. But I get on well with the four Yamaha riders ... let's see, I have real friends three or four, like everyone else. Then you have friends, acquaintances and then there's Facebook, which they call 'friends', but it is another thing. I have three or four friends that I know I will not fail, if I need them, if something serious happens, are going to help me. Those are the real ones.

XL. But you do not call anyone after the race ...

JL: I am not much a caller, let's say. I do not like speaking very much by phone. I communicate a lot by WhatsApp, and when I am relaxed in my house, yes I call my family, but during the races I do not call.

XL. And there are a few riders who travel without family and without girlfriend. He started with his father very closely, but at one point decided to remove him. Was also part of the maturing process?

JL Well, every family is different. It is my personal opinion and other pilots have another. But for me, my work is like going to an office, and you do not take your father to the office or your girlfriend. Bring your parents when you travel so much is good because you feel protected and look after you, but on the other hand, need to be aware of them, which takes time to work you.

XL. But his father was not acting like os father, he was the one who put him in this world, acted as an agent. .

JL And thanks to him because, if not, had not reached anywhere. My father is my father, along with my mother, is the most important people in my life. He made the first moto, I got the passion, but in life you need different figures to reach your goal, and my father can not be a mechanic, manager and press officer at once.

XL. And neither accompany a girlfriend, although some girls go on magazine covers claiming to be his girlfriend...

JL: No, these girls are not my girlfriends. Not at all. I have only had one girlfriend in my life long ago. Unfortunately I had a bad experience with that kind of girls who wanted to take advantage of my fame to get in magazines. They got it. They had their moment of glory and I learned an important lesson.

XL. Do you have a girlfriend now?

JL: No, I've been single since 2006.

XL. Practice a risky sport where fatalities occur and falls with tremendous consequences. How do you live it? Are not you afraid?

JL: I realize that is a risky sport, like all drivers on the grid, no need to look far back to realize this, but it is our passion and, when you go to the track, do not go thinking about what you can happen. I have scared him to death as anyone. Nobody likes to be the time comes. What affronts, but try not to dwell on it.

XL. What do you fear?

JL A dangerous question...cockroaches [smiles].

XL. What are you thinking when you go on the bike at 300 kilometers per hour, if you have time to think of something?

JL The less you think, the better, not to lose focus. As soon as thoughts appear in the head, you can go wrong and go slower. The best thing is to feel the bike and not think.

XL. Without questioning its merits, when he started this season, things did not look easy, however, Stoner's injury and Pedrosa crashing at the end ... Everything has been tallying up for the win, even ahead of schedule. Would you say you've been lucky?

JL: At the beginning of the year we were not the favorites, it was Casey Stoner. And we could fight against the odds. Stoner has had a great season until his injury. But injuries and falls are part of this game and sometimes, the more you risk, the more chances you have to hurt yourself. This year happened to Stoner. In 2010 it happened to Valentino. And of course that luck influences, influences much. I've been very lucky throughout my career. I have always been at the right time where it should be, but I was brave when I had to be.

XL. Other drivers, however, as Dani Pedrosa, who seem to have very bad luck ...

JL Well, bad luck is that pilots have lost their lives in a circuit or have done much damage. Dani has not yet achieved his dream of becoming world champion of Moto GP, but the truth is that as all the pilots of moto GP has a wonderful job, success, money, and he has been a champion of the world of 250. I do not believe that this is a bad luck...

XL. Now imagine that the crisis to you does not affect you much, but are you aware of the situation that they live in out country most of the young people of your age? ?

JL: Of course I am aware. Motorcycling has affected the crisis, as the rest of the sports. Before, the pilots of 125 are charged to race, now, there are only two or three pilots are charging and others are giving money to race. Something similar happens in Moto 2. Now if we talk about the top five in Moto GP, although we have more difficulty finding sponsors, we are very fortunate to have the wages we have and do the work we love. If I put myself in the shoes of those who have such difficulty in finding employment ... must be very, very hard. I understand that they manifest and complain.

XL. It is known that among his hobbies are listening to music, especially Red Hot Chili Peppers and Linkin Park, but now also liked bachata!

JL: Everyone is amazed. Not seem to hit me a lot, but I have an explanation. From age 15 I traveled to Santo Domingo, the country I love, there bachata listen and I was hooked.

XL. What about dancing?

JL: A little, not much. I'm not very good.

XL. When it comes to the cinema you still saying that your favorite film is pulp fiction. But usually does not mention any books. Do you like to read?

JL: Yes, I read. I do not like novels, fiction. I like reality. Biographies of people who catch me attention. The last I read is that of Tyler Hamilton, cyclist which speaks of doping.

XL. In the downtime which television series you watch...

JL: Yes, the last I've seen is The Vampire Diaries. Also Californication, Entourage and Spanish Punta called Scarlet.

XL. What dream you have left to fulfill?

JL: In sports, to repeat because already I can't get nothing more important than the world championship, which won't be easy because riders younger than me - come fighting strong from moto 2, as Marc Márquez. And Rossi returns to Yamaha, who will go very fast. But now the dream is more personal: find a girl who is worth the while to have children and raise a family.

XL. How would you like to be remembered?

JL: As a pilot with great ability to surpass himself and strive to improve. Winning titles is fine, but if you work arrive. Personally, I wish more people knew me by how I act when I'm away from the track, which is sometimes difficult.

XL. Do you think there has been an image of you that is not real? The cockiness, or the tough guy was not as well as it seemed......

JL: I hope it has gone to a better life. Luckily, many people have changed the opinion they had of me. Remove that fame above has not been easy. In the past I made statements that didn't need to have done, to show me harder or stronger than it was. Not only in the media but in my private life I didn't know the best way to treat people, but little by little I've been learning and improving these aspects.

XL. Have you done on your own or with the help of a psychologist?

JL: On my own. The great merit I had in my hand I have done it myself, I've changed. As life has taught me, by books I have read, by noticing people who had qualities that I didnt have ... this is how I did it.

XL. You says you want to be more angel than devil, but maybe the bad boy image is closer to you, in a natural way, and what the press the 'bought' ...

JL: I hope that now you should see me in a different way. My features are hard and my voice is serious, but I hope that of this devil's aspect, between quotation marks, which say that I have, they should see the positive things. I have no wickedness nor am considered superior to anybody. In fact I have good background.

RECORDS

AT THREE YEARS OLD. It began in minicross with only competition 3 years, with a motorcycle that his father made him.

SPECIAL PERMISSION. He made his debut in the Championship of Spain with special permission: was only 13 years old.

THE YOUNGEST. He is the youngest driver to participate in a race of the World Championship, with 15 years. He made his debut with a Derbi 125cc at Jerez.

THE 'OUT'. In 2004 he won his first victory in a Grand Prix. He was in Brazil, where an impressive manoeuvre of overtaking Casey Stoner and Dani Pedrosa earned him the nickname of by outside.

RECORD OF POLE POSITIONS. In 2006 he won the 250 World Championship. He had 8 WINS and equalled the record of pole positions in a season, with 10

DOMINATE THE CATEGORY. In 2007 she retained the quarter-litre title with 9 victories in races that started from the pole. With only 20 years it had become double champion in the 250 cc muno.

SWEEPING DEBUT. In his first race in moto GP achieved pole, what nobody did not since Max Biaggi ten years ago. He also managed pole in the two following races; the first pilot that amounted to ' 3 3 ' on his debut.

AT THE VERY TOP WITH 23. In 2010 he made podiums in the first 12 races and won 7. Aged 23, he became the second Spanish Queen in the category world champion, 11 years after Álex Crivillé.

NOW, THE DOUBLET. In 2012 has been the first Spanish who wins two times world GP. First or second was ranked in every race that ended. Only that he could not do it in Holland, to be knocked down by another rider.

MAKING HISTORY. It is the third driver in the 64 years of history that conquers more than one world title in the category as well as the intermediate category Queen.

Edited by Laura…x - 20/11/2012, 13:04

2. Crocus99

User deleted

many girls are now crying and crying and crying... you can not marry!! crybaby rain

3. danziealex

User deleted

HAHAHAHHA Crocus.. you are soo mean..

4. saration

User deleted

QUOTE (Crocus99 @ 18/11/2012, 17:28) 
    many girls are now crying and crying and crying... you can not marry!! crybaby rain

yes, like my cousin.. Oh God!

5. Crocus99

User deleted

QUOTE (danziealex @ 19/11/2012, 10:43) 

am i ? :huh: :P had heard of a twitter "friend", as he were on a race he had seen a girl which had begun to cry as she learned that Marc has a girlfriend! ;)

QUOTE (saration @ 19/11/2012, 12:58) 
    QUOTE (Crocus99 @ 18/11/2012, 17:28) 

yes, like my cousin.. Oh God!

you have to be brave. good luck ^_^

6. danziealex

User deleted

QUOTE (Crocus99 @ 19/11/2012, 20:17) 
    QUOTE (danziealex @ 19/11/2012, 10:43) 

am i ? :huh: :P had heard of a twitter "friend", as he were on a race he had seen a girl which had begun to cry as she learned that Marc has a girlfriend! ;)

:D haha im just kidding.. Well thats why we called fans... We are kind of crazy bout him.. Well, even though he got a wife, i hope she is NOT a slut type of girl, and understand very well that Jorge got crazy fans around the world hahahaha

5 replies since 18/11/2012, 13:12   1789 views